skippy804

What type of job did you get after leaving the phone company?

Rate this topic:

3 posts in this topic

I was wondering what type of job other people who have left the phone company are doing now? Are you still doing some kind of phone work? I am having some trouble trying to figure out what I can do with the skills I learned.

People leave the phone company?:confused-smiley-013[1]::laugh1:

There are always contractors or inter-connect companies that love former phone guys

On 6/27/2016 at 10:12 PM, skippy804 said:

I was wondering what type of job other people who have left the phone company are doing now? Are you still doing some kind of phone work? I am having some trouble trying to figure out what I can do with the skills I learned.

I retired from the Bell System 20 years ago this month. I only worked once after that. I worked as a PCS  for a contractor for Bell on a directional boring job for a couple of month. I was offered a  job for a fairly big operation doing the same thing but it was a little far away from my house and I had to start right away and I had existing plans and could not start when they wanted me to. So that was the end of my post retirement career.  I assume If I had taken the job and performed to their satisfaction I could have kept working all ove Florida and mabe other states. I will have to said that the manager of the company was a retired Bell engineer who Had been a cable repairman before becoming an engineer and had been my cable helper when he started with Bell. How's Mumford/ I had a nephew who lived there for a while when he was in the Navy. I visited there several times since I had Grandkids in Memphis. I am originally from up the road from you in Carroll County.