Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
discodave

PG&E Apprenticeship

Rate this topic:

8 posts in this topic

How does one find openings for PG&E lineman apprenticeship programs in northern California(SF Bay Area more specifically)? I've been checking their website with no luck whatsoever. I found the study guide pdfs for the assessments, but that doesn't help me if I can't actually take the test. I suppose I'm probably overlooking something, but if anybody has any advice it would be much appreciated. :off_topic:

How does one find openings for PG&E lineman apprenticeship programs in northern California(SF Bay Area more specifically)? I've been checking their website with no luck whatsoever. I found the study guide pdfs for the assessments, but that doesn't help me if I can't actually take the test. I suppose I'm probably overlooking something, but if anybody has any advice it would be much appreciated. :off_topic:

I've been told to check their website every week for openings.

How does one find openings for PG&E lineman apprenticeship programs in northern California(SF Bay Area more specifically)? I've been checking their website with no luck whatsoever. I found the study guide pdfs for the assessments, but that doesn't help me if I can't actually take the test. I suppose I'm probably overlooking something, but if anybody has any advice it would be much appreciated. :smilie_daumenpos[1]:

I've been told to check their website every week for openings.

I've been checking pretty frequently for the past year or so, and I very rarely see any job openings for anything at all, much less a lineman apprentice job. I'll keep looking, though.

about a year ago or so i sent them a resume online then three months latter thay asked me to come to work so just send it to them . but i turned them down because this okie is not going back to L.A. for no amout of money .

not sure about apprentice workers though. but i have a feeling that you should apply for anywhere thay have a office then transfer back home when you have been there awhile

I'm not sure about your specific utility company, but I emailed the HR department at Kansas City Power and Light asking them if they had any idea when the apprenticeship positions would be open. Luckily I got a response telling me when it was opening, I got on that day and joined the other 299 people that applied for 25 positions. Timing, persistence, and a little luck is the key in this industry.

Apply for any job opening that they have. It does not matter if it is a clerk or in the gas dept. Apply and get on with them. Then you can bid into the line dept. I applied for an apprentice position back in 01 took me over 5 years to get hired on. I work in the bay area for PG&E it is great work but the cost of living is crazy. Good luck. Will

Edited by swetngblts