Photo
- - - - -

anyone work for Duke Energy North Carolina?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 who cares

who cares

Ground Hand

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Industry: Power
  • Union: IBEW 962

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

Does anyone work for duke

Edited by who cares, 30 March 2009 - 04:40 AM.

#2 Lightningrod

Lightningrod

Line-God

• 6926 posts
  • Union: I.B.E.W. Local 37

• Interests: linework, hunting and nascar style racing. crewmember of prostock team

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

Not sure about where your located :arsch[1]: at but here in the province of New Brunswik they can only go back 5 years. :ernaehrung004[1]:

#3 Big D

Big D

Now I RE

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • Union: Hopefully in a few months

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

Didn't look like Duke has any jobs on their board. I looked 2 days ago. You know sumpn I don't, shoot me a pm. :oh_shit:

#4 Guest_Bigheadnc_*

Guest_Bigheadnc_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

pike and asplund are thier contractors if you are looking to get in the door. you usually got to work for one of them or have family that works there.ran crews for the contractors 3-4 years. worked from high point to winston-salem. no complaints.good guys.

#5 who cares

who cares

Ground Hand

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:33 PM

pike and asplund are thier contractors if you are looking to get in the door. you usually got to work for one of them or have family that works there.ran crews for the contractors 3-4 years. worked from high point to winston-salem. no complaints.good guys.

i have been hired by duke energy distribution line helper and will start in the 1st part of may as long as i get through the physical and whiz quiz which i am not at all worried about as i just had a 2 yr DOT physical 2 months ago. just looking for some info on what to expect ie( pay, how do you move the the pay scales,benifits,trianing........)

#6 Guest_Bigheadnc_*

Guest_Bigheadnc_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

I never heard a lineman or apprentice complain about their pay(that worked for them. lol)

#7 Parker

Parker

Ground Hand

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Union: IBEW Local 962
  • Interests: Family time, riding my motorcycle, especially in the mountains, hunting and fishing, camping etc...

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

i have been hired by duke energy distribution line helper and will start in the 1st part of may as long as i get through the physical and whiz quiz which i am not at all worried about as i just had a 2 yr DOT physical 2 months ago. just looking for some info on what to expect ie( pay, how do you move the the pay scales,benifits,trianing........)

Me too! :smilie_daumenpos[1]: They informed me of my pay weeks ago though and also sent a letter explaining benefits. You should be getting something this week with more details. At least that's what they told me. See you next week.

Edited by Parker, 27 April 2009 - 05:24 PM.

#8 who cares

who cares

Ground Hand

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:10 PM

Me too! :smilie_daumenpos[1]: They informed me of my pay weeks ago though and also sent a letter explaining benefits. You should be getting something this week with more details. At least that's what they told me. See you next week.

awesome , looking forward to it good luck!!!!

Edited by who cares, 27 April 2009 - 06:11 PM.

#9 newmanfan1

newmanfan1

Grimple

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:42 AM

i am also thinking of becoming one and was wondering what the pay is around.